European Voluntary Service project in “Elche Acoge”, a nongovernmental nonprofit organization that aims to promote the rights of foreign immigrants, by building bridges between them and the host society, promoting understanding, mutual respect and intercultural harmony. Our main objectives are to improve life conditions of immigrants, favoring integration and intercultural coexistence, to promote and encouraging their autonomy, personal and social development, to promote and vindicate their rights and to Collaborate with organizations and / or institutions, both public and private. The organization of work in the NGO is mostly team work, though each department is responsible for a different topic. .
The volunteer will be involved in these activities:
- Managing the radio station;
- Participating in sports trainings;
- Proposing homework support and language learning;
- Organizing workshops at schools, and different activities to promote young people participation.
The requirements for this European Voluntary Service position are:
- Skills related to leisure and free time with kids (Theatre, Sports, Lenguagues…);
- Willing to participate with young people from different backgrounds;
- A minium level of Spanish is needed, because the youth people in the area where we are going to work haven´t a fluid english level.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation, food and tickets for the local transports are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
For candidature for this project please click on Apply now, attach a filled out Application Form, your CV with a picture and a motivation letter.
About Fundacion Elche Acoge De La Comunidad Valenciana
nongovernmental nonprofit organization that aims to promote the rights of foreign immigrants