EVS project “Youth Power Space” brings together 6 EVS volunteers for a period of 6 months and throughout the programs to promote inclusion and civic involvement by empowering children and youth, including those with fewer opportunities, to become Ambassadors of the community, supporting diversity, tolerance, initiative, critical thinking, equality, initiative to create a society build on the principles of democracy and respect for human rights.
The volunteer will be involved in these activities:
- inclusive programs for children and young people with fewer opportunities;
- own workshops Youth Power Space;
- personal development programs for children and pre-teens;
- clubs on leadership and civic engagement education, on human rights, No Hate Speech;
- YMCA Youth Parliament program on civic engagement;
- media and ITC workshops;
- community projects.
The requirements for this EVS position are:
- enthusiastic personality, willingness tho share knowledge, abilities, creativity;
- interest and motivation to implement social inclusion and civic engagement programs/activities;
- interest in organization of different events with and for youth;
- interest towards non-formal educational;
- a basic knowledge of English;
- young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation, food and tickets for the local transports are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
For candidature for this project please click on Apply now, attach a filled out Application Form, your CV with a picture and a motivation letter.
About YMCA Romanian Federation
YMCA Romanian Federation is part of the wide world YMCA family which operates in over 120 countries.