Location: Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Project dates: 2 November 2015 – 2 September 2016
Duration: 9 months
Applicants: at the age between 18-30 years
Application deadline: 15 September 2015
Hosting institution: National Association of Resource Teachers /NART/
The main objective of the project “Go green, grow inclusion!” is to encourage educational and social activities in the local community of Stara Zagora through the promotion of organic farming, and to provide capacity building for practicing organic farming and the formation of positive attitudes and skills for practicing organic farming by young people with and without special educational needs in Stara Zagora. The main topics of this project are inclusion and equal opportunities for education, formation of ecological culture and development of intercultural dialogue with EVS volunteers as a main tool to ensure sustainable development models not only in the local community, but also within the European area.
The National Association of Resource Teachers (NART) organization is looking for a volunteer interested in getting involved in various aspects of NART’s activities, such as:
– implementation of non-formal education and training in support of children with special educational needs in the school environment;
– promotion of organic farming as a form of extra-curricular activity, which assists these children and young people to realize new perspective and horizon for their future;
– assisting with maintenance of a small school organic farm ;
– intercultural dialogue and exchange of good practices;
– creating an interactive blog and informational materials for biological agriculture and environmental culture.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and meals are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
Candidates applying for this position should meet following requirements:
– be available for the whole duration of the volunteering period and pre-departure training;
– ready to work with children with special needs;
– educational background and experience in the field of education, social works and humanities will be an advantage;
– good knowledge of English.
For candidature for this project please fill in the formular stated below including your CV with photo and motivation letter, all in English language, up to the 15 September.