Location: Tartu, Estonia
Project dates: 1 September 2015 – 31 August 2016
Duration: 12 months
Applicants: at the age between 18-30 years
Application deadline: 12 April 2015
Hosting institution: Youth Center Lille Maja
Youth room, open from Monday to Friday (13.00 – 19.00) is looking for volunteer interested in communication with the kids, talking to them, playing with them, arranging activities. During vacations (a week in October, a week in March, 2-3 weeks in June) youth room is open from Monday to Friday from 10.00-17.00 and requires from volunteers to prepare leisure time activities to entertain the children and youth (for example language clubs, cooking lessons, art workshops, etc.). Another required tasks include designing posters for his/her own activities and other activities of the youth room; participating actively in running projects (team-work workshops for 10-30 pupils, Forum Theatre group, instructing workshops on different festivals, summer camps, etc.).
The 90% of travel expenses will be reimbursed; accommodation and meals are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
Candidates applying for this position should meet following requirements:
– be avaliable for the whole duration of the volunteering period and pre-departure training;
– interest in the work with children and youth or social work generally;
– open minded and communicative, creative personality able to work in team;
– flexibility and good knowledge of English language.
For candidature for this project please fill in the formular stated below including following documents:
– motivation letter (why you would like to participate in this project);
– plans, what arranged activities you would do (3 plans: one for each activity during one month with explanations why would you do that and what would be the outcome for the kids)
– design of 3 posters advertising your weekly activities (3 posters – one for each activity);
– write us about some project you would like to lead, about some main ideas.
All of these documents please prepare in English language and attach them to the formular stated below up to the 12 April.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.