- assist the ideation and design of eco-sustainable touristic path for visitors, with the goal of widening the offer for foreign visitors;
- assist in the preparation and implementation of didactic workshops for primary school students: support in the facilitation, conduction of some workshops, support in the group management;
- design and implement didactic workshops proposed by themselves on art, environment education, creative recycling;
- provide assistance during escursions with donkeys, trekkings and summer camps: preparing the donkeys, assisting the children with tends, organizaning educational activities for children;
- provide assistance to the staff for daily activities: welcoming of the guests, in particular foreign ones, cleaning of the hostel and of the surrounding area, performing small maintainance, supporting farming activities;
- provide assistance in the care of donkeys: not only feeding and cleaning but in terms of creating a positive creation with the animals;
- participate in meetings in the secondary schools of the area, to promote Erasmus+ programme;
- support the implementation of Youth Exchanges hosted at Ostello dei Balocchi, in particular logistic and workshops on environmental themes;
- support the communication of the association, also at International level (social networks, web articles, website management, creation of leaflets for promotional activities);
- participate in the creation of an online guide on the project run by Legambiente Ligonchio.
The ideal volunteer is ready to live for a long time in a rural environment. He/she should love nature and animals and open-air activities and be ready to perform tasks in close relation with donkeys such as excursions. Furthermore, they should have a strong motivation in working with children and be ready to follow the association’s code of conduct when working with them. Past experiences in socio-educational context and in volunteer work are appreciated.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation, food and tickets for the local transports are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.