Associazione di promozione sociale Joint is an association for promotion of social activities for youngsters. The mission of the organization is to provide non-formal education opportunities for young people. It organize different kind of actions, trying to involve people with fewer opportunities. The main activities are: Youth Exchanges, Training Courses and EVS within the Erasmus+ Programme. In October 2016 Joint opened a new space in the suburbs of Milan giving a meeting point for Italian people and foreigners. Right now the center is open twice per week offering an afterschool for children and youngsters and some courses for youth and adults.
The volunteers, coordinated and supported by the staff, will participate in these activities:
- after-school with children for 2 days a week;
- support in languages courses: Italian language for foreigners, English for adults, etc;
- activities and development of new ideas in order to involve the local community through intercultural meetings and events, as intercultural dinners, and linguistic tandem in English, Italian and own mother tongue;
- creative, artistic and cultural laboratories with children;
- dissemination of Erasmus+ opportunities among young people, taking part to trainings for future Evs volunteers and spreading information through meetings at local level and with the monthly informative day at InformaGiovani Milano;
- support and promote each part of sending process for Italian participants taking part in volunteering opportunities;
- writing articles and new evs calls for the website;
- support the organization with Erasmus+ opportunities organized by Joint in Italy;
- draft projects and develop new ideas for future exchanges;
- web development and graphic;
- communication: spread of information on different Evs websites, in different languages;
- administrative tasks.
The profile of the ideal volunteer is:
- open minded, with a positive actitude, flexible and adaptable to possible changes;
- initiative, creativity and respect;
- strongly motivated to work with children and youngsters;
- motivation and determination to learn more;
- communicative and sociable;
- interest in Erasmus+ Programme and its promotion;
- intermediate knowledge of English and strong motivation to learn Italian language.
The travel expenses will be reimbursed on the bases defined by European Commition; accommodation and meals are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
For candidature for this project please send your application to [email protected] with attached your CV, this fulfilled form in English and your picture. Associazione Joint will contact only the shortlisted candidates for arrange a Skype interview.