Location: Arrimal, Portugal
Project dates: 15 June 2016 – 15 December 2016
Duration: 6 months
Applicants: at the age between 18-30 years
Application deadline: 11 December 2015
Hosting institution: Vertigem
The project consists in different activities in the protected area of the Natural Park, collecting information and images, outdoor activities with schools and informal group and monitorization of wild bird species and flora of the Region
Vertigem is looking for a volunteer interested in getting involved in various aspects of the organization’s activities, such as:
– collecting information (field work) regarding to the Natural Patrimony (geomorphology, hydric resources, fauna, flora, etc.), mapping the collected information (cartography), making photographs, films and also recording audio;
– outdoor activities in the studied areas of the Natural Park with animation activities with schools and informal groups (pedestrian walks to observe and interpret the nature, bicycle rides, caves exploration /speleology/, topography of caves, mountains /scaling, rapell/, bird watching and bird identification);
– maintenance of used materials for activities.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and meals are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
Candidates applying for this position should meet following requirements:
– be available for the whole duration of the volunteering period and pre-departure training;
– good communication skills, enthusiastic personality
– love of nature, interested in the protection of the environment
– enjoy communicating and learning new skills and competences
– interested in working in a team, tolerance towards difference
– flexible, capacity to adapt to new and different situations and treating an obstacle as a challenge.
For candidature for this project please fill in the formular stated below including your CV with photo and motivation letter and the organization’s questionnaire, all in English language, up to the 11 December.