Location: Arad, Romania
Project dates: 1 November 2015 – 31 July 2016
Duration: 9 months
Applicants: at the age between 18-30 years
Application deadline: 15 September 2015
Hosting institution: Multisport Experience Sports Club
European Voluntary Service in Romania in the MANY FACES OF THE BICYCLE project for 9 months.
The major idea of the MFOTB project is promotion of bicycle as a tool in many dimensions and cycling as activity in local neighbourhood of Arad. EVS volunteers will have a target of involving 150 new persons to cycling activity with 9 months of stage duration. Those 150 persons, together with local CSEM volunteers, coordinating team and EVS volunteers themselves, will create local community of cyclists gathered around CSEM organisation.
The target of the project will be for the volunteers to gain at 5 solid partnerships with a local authority or NGO or private company to deal with a problem found in the process of identification of needs of local neighbourhood regarding using bikes as tools in chosen areas.
MFOTB project will focus on close cooperation between EVS and local CSEM volunteers.
– Developing the necessary competences for cycling, in 9 months of the stage duration;
– Gaining the competences of planning, realizing and evaluating of a cycling event in 9 months of the stage duration;
– Developing the knowledge, abilities and attitudes regarding cycling road safety in 9 months of the stage duration;
– Implementing raising awareness campaign by organizing at least 18 workshops for public regarding cycling road safety and promotion of bicycle as a tool in 3 dimensions in 9 months of the stage duration;
– Updating, managing and moderating the virtual community of cyclists gathered around the activities of CSEM organisation.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and meals,training cycle are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
Candidates applying for this position should meet following requirements:
– be available for the whole duration of the volunteering period and pre-departure training;
– strong motivation to spend 9 months in multicultural environment of Romania;
– strong devotion to cycling as major sport activity of the project -strong believe in non-formal way of education and learning through sport;
– ability to focus and do full time voluntary work.
For candidature for this project please fill in the formular stated below including your CV with photo and motivation letter (in which You specify the way of engagement in activities), all in English language, up to the 15 September.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.