The volunteers will be involved in:
- support in the afterschool programme: open 5 afternoon a week. Here we offer scholastic support to around 30 children and adolescents, in particular to children who live in suburban districts and are exposed to the risk of marginalization;
- participation in the specific educational support to children with Specific Learning Disabilities;
- support in the organization of educational and recreational activities structured on objectives of socialization and development of creative and proposal abilities;
- presence to the canteen service with the educators, children and adolescents of the Center, as an important occasion of socialization, providing good models for the minors;
- support in the organization and implementation of “R…estate a Putignano”: Summer camp activities offering educational and leisure time activities to children and youngsters also through short trips in the nature and at the seaside.
The ideal volunteer is a young person willing to take part in a project for the development and integration of an entire community in a town in the South of Italy. The EVS volunteer must be willing to collaborate on the education and training project of A Modo Loro. Since this involves a delicate role in contact with young people that often come from complex family situations, the volunteer must be fitted with qualities such as tolerance, patience, firmness, creativity, with good listening ability and willing to work in team.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation, food and tickets for the local transports are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
To apply for this project, please send an email with the subject line “Application for A Modo Loro EVS”, including your CV with photo, motivation letter and this questionnaire filled in English, up to the 14th of April at [email protected]. A Modo Loro will contact only the shortlisted candidates for arrange a Skype interview.