￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Walden Institute was formed in 1993 as “Psycho-Social Center for people with Handicap, Disability and marginalization”. This institute manages now for four residential communities for minors, 3 in Menfi (AG) and 1 in Sciacca (AG) and a Center for pregnant women and single mothers and women have been abused in Sciacca (AG). Walden Insititute also manges a daycare center in Menfi. It carries out preventive activities for Pre-teens and Teens. It offers home care home care services for disabled children, adults, women and generally people with few opportunities.
The staff is composed by 55 women and 2 biys, divided in the three centers between Sciacca and Menfi. Recently, the cooperative has focused on the integration of disadvantaged people, former drug addicts or alcoholics, and women and men who ave been in jail. Walden Institute has also opned an office in support of family relationships and educational responsibilities. Today the organization has a strong experience This is the result of a strong progressional identity and an effective collaboration among all the staff members, who have been able to adapt to different situations and changes. Walden Institute has always operated in social work field, using the knowledge and the experience of everyday life in order to remove obstacles and thus strengthen and consolidate the various cognitive process and training.
- support and help children in after-school activities, helping them with homework and giving supplementary lessons if needed;
- organize together with the staff and the local volunteers recreational activities to create moments of animation such as games and workshops on art, music, kitchen, sports;
- organize together with the staff linguistic workshops in English and/or in their own language;
- organize new events like carnivals, storytelling evenings and outdoor activities in different locations;
- support the staff and the other volunteers with excursions to the beach, swimming pools and many other kind of activities in the Summertime mostly;
- Help the staff and the local volunteers in food prepration and cleaning the premmises before and after services.
- knowledge and experience of working with people with fewer opportunities;
- creative, patient and proactive person;
- a friendly, communicative and active attitude;
- wishing of development interpersonal relationship;
- strong interest in working with young people with fewer opportunities;
- willingness for live in a small, traditional and provincial town;
- open-minded and with a responsible attitude to better understand the learning process and the rules of cohabitation in istituto Walden structures;
- strong motivation to have intensive experience of work with teenagers in difficult situations.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and meals are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
For candidature for this project please send an email including your CV with photo, motivation letter and the organization’s questionnaire, all in English language, up to the 16th of April to [email protected].