The volunteers, coordinated and supported by the staff, will participate in these activities:
• Participation in the staff meetings to settle the programme activities;
• Support in the afterschool programme, open 5 afternoons per week, helping children with their homework through workshops, group work or individually work.
• Support children with specific learning disabilities and linguistic difficulties;
• Organization of linguistic workshop for children and young people both in group and individually;
• Presence to the canteen service with the educators, children and adolescents;
• Organization of games, outdoor and recreational activities before and after the afterschool programme;
• Support teachers, educators and the staff members in tutoring and linguistic activities with adults and elderly people;
• Support adults and elderly people during the online training courses;
• Organization and management of workshops;
• Participation in the monthly coordinating meetings with public stakeholders.
The profile of the ideal volunteer is:
- An open-minded young person with a positive attitude to work in an education and training programme with different kinds of people: children, teenagers, adults and elderly people;
- Ready and motivated to interact with local people and live a deep cultural experience;
- Patient, kind, polite, tolerant, able to listen actively and willing to work in team.
The travel expenses will be reimbursed on the bases defined by European Commition; accommodation and meals are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
For candidature to an email with the subject line “Application for CIF Vicopisano EVS”, including your CV with photo, motivation letter and the CIF questionnaire filled in English, up to the 14th of April at [email protected] Cif Vicopisano will contact only the shortlisted candidates for arrange a Skype interview.