The volunteer will be involved in different activities with children and teenagers from 0 to 17 years old, in the educational centers of Sciacca. Her principal tasks will be:
- support and help children between 0 and 17 in after-school activities, helping them with home-work and giving supplementary lessons if needed;
- organize together with the staff and the local volunteers recreational activities to create moments of animation such as games and workshops on art, music, kitchen, sports;
- organize together with the staff linguistic workshops in English and/or in their own language;
- help the staff and the local volunteers in food preparation and in cleaning the premises before and after services.
The profile of the ideal volunteer is:
- knowledge and experience of working with people with fewer opportunities;
- creative, patient, flexible and proactive personality;
- basic skills of Italian language;
- a friendly, communicative and active attitude;
- wishing of development interpersonal relationship;
- open-minded and with a responsible attitude to better understand the learning process and the rules of cohabitation in Walden Institute structures;
- strong motivation to have an intensive experience of work with teenagers in difficult situations.
The travel expenses will be reimbursed on the bases defined by European Commition; accommodation and meals are provided by the host organization, volunteers will also receive pocket money monthly.
For candidature for this project please For candidature for this project please click on Apply now, attached your CV and this fulfilled form in English and your picture. Associazione Joint will contact only the shortlisted candidates for arrange a Skype interview.