Farfalle nella Testa is looking for 2 volunteers. The volunteers will be involved in the management of the Butterfly House and in the environmental education activities.
The volunteers, coordinated and supported by the staff, will participate in these activities:
- Support during guided tours, educational workshops and events organized especially during the summer season (hikes, theme days etc),
- Participation in the creating, planning and realization of such events,
- Creation and realization of activities, events or workshops: after an initial phase of adaptation, the volunteers will be encouraged and supported to enrich the Butterfly House with their ideas and experiences,
- Assistance to the staff during the ordinary and extraordinary management of the Butterfly House: management and maintenance of tropical greenhouses and more in general of the museum structure,
- Help during the breeding and care of plants and outdoor gardening activities,
- Participation in the staff meetings and specific meetings on various aspects.
The profile of the ideal volunteer is:
- Nature lover,
- Willing to work in group and in contact with the public, especially children,
- Willing to do manual work and get their hands dirty,
- Ready and interested in spending a prolonged period of time in a small town located in the valley between the Carnic Pre-Alps and the Julian Alps,
- Curious, capable of making constructive criticism and self-criticism.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
To apply for this project, please click on “Apply now”, with the subject “Farfalle nella Testa”, including CV with photo and a motivational letter written in English. Also, please fill in an attach this Farfalle nella Testa questionnaire