The volunteers, coordinated and supported by the staff, will participate in these activities:
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of didactic workshops for children (6-15), support in facilitation, conduction of some workshops, support in the group management in accord with the attitude of the volunteers,
- Assist during excursions with donkeys, trekking and summer camps: preparing the donkeys, assisting the children with tends, organizing educational activities for children.
- Assist the staff with daily activities: welcoming of the guests, cleaning of the hostel and of the surrounding area, performing small maintenance, supporting kitchen activities.
- Assistance in taking care of the donkeys; not only feeding and cleaning but also terms of creating a positive ambient for the animals.
- Support during the Youth Exchanges hosted in the hostel, particularly in logistics and workshops.
The profile of the ideal volunteer is:
- Available and interested to live in an isolated small village in the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines,
- Willing to live in the hostel with little or no internet connection,
- Ready to share the spaces, food with guests and staff,
- Strong motivation to work with children and to do activities closely with the donkeys,
- Animal and outdoor life lover,
- Available to sleep, during trekking, in a tent,
- Past experience in socio-educational context and in volunteer work are appreciated.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
To apply for this project, please click on “Apply now”, with the subject “Application for Ostello dei Balocchi”, including CV with photo and a motivational letter written in English. Also, please fill in an attach this questionnaire.