European volunteering in Milan, Italy
Centro Tempo per il Barrio is looking for volunteers. The Volunteers will be involved in educational and leisure activities with children in the youth center, for more information find the infopack here. They will be involved in educational activities as follows:
- After-school activities with children and youngsters;
- Designing and conducting workshops and educational courses for children and teenagers through non-formal education techniques in the field of artistic, cultural, musical;
- Supporting educators in organizing sports activities such as workouts and matches, stimulating team spirit and spreading a healthy lifestyle;
- Creative, artistic and cultural workshops with children;
- Activities and development of new ideas in order to involve the local community through intercultural meetings and linguistic tandem in English, Italian and own mother tongue;
- Designing and structuring a cineforum on a topic of social interest chosen by the volunteer
- Intercultural events, like regional and international dinners in order to involve and meet the community;
- Participation in meetings with partners and territorial and local institutions to draft, plane and organize new events for the community;
- Dissemination of European opportunities among young people, spreading information through meetings at local level and within the center;
- Support in communication through spreading of information on different websites and social media;
- Reporting and promoting the activities of the center: photo, videos;
- Support for the organization of active citizenship laboratories linked to the “Train of Memory”.
The profile of an ideal volunteer is:
- an open-minded with a positive attitude to work in an education and training programme with different kinds of people: children, teenagers, adults and elderly people;
- ready and motivated to interact with local people and live a deep cultural experience;
- patient, kind, polite, tolerant, able to listen actively and willing to work in a team;
- interest in Erasmus+ and its promotion.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
To apply for this project, please click on “Apply now”, attach your CV with photo and a motivation letter in English.