EVS in Italy
The volunteers will take part into this activities:
- after- school activities with children and youngsters;
- designing and conducting workshops and educational courses for children and teenagers through non-formal education techniques in the field of art, culture, music;
- supporting educators in organizing sports activities such as workouts and matches, stimulating team spirit and spreading a healthy lifestyle;
- activities and development of new ideas in order to involve the local community through intercultural meetings and linguistic tandem in English, Italian and own mother tongue;
- creative, artistic and cultural laboratories with children;
- designing and structuring a cineforum on a topic of social interest chosen by the volunteer;
- dissemination of Erasmus+ opportunities among young people, spreading information through meetings at the local level and within the center;
- reporting and promoting the activities of the center through articles, photos and videos;
- support in the organization of workshops linked to the “Train of Memory” project;
- help secondary school and high school students with the homework;
- active practice in sport such as volleyball and soccer at least 3 times per week;
- free use of the music classroom to carry out personal projects;
- helping in the day center in support of youth at risk of social exclusion during lunch time;
- logistic activities (purchase, cleaning, cooking) at events when necessary.
The profile of an ideal volunteer is:
- be open minded and flexible, able to adapt to changes;
- be proactive and willing to take initiative;
- patient with children and motivated to work with youngsters;
- be determined to learn more;
- have interest in Erasmus+ and its promotion and have motivation to help people at risk of social exclusion;
- intermediate knowledge of English and strong motivation to learn Italian;
- knowledge of Italian language is not required, but it will be preferable.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
To apply for this project, please click on “Apply now”, attach your CV with photo, a motivation letter and this questionnaire filled in in English.
Before to apply, it ‘s necessary to do the registration in the Portal of European Solidarity Corps.