EVS in education and long life learning in Vicopisano, Italy
- participation in the staff meetings to settle the programme activities;
- support in the afterschool programme, open 5 afternoons per week, helping children with their homework through workshops, group work or individually work;
- support children with specific learning disabilities and linguistic difficulties;
- organization of linguistic workshop for children and young people both in group and individually;
- presence to the canteen service with the educators, children and adolescents;
- organization of games, outdoor and recreational activities before and after the afterschool programme;
- support teachers, educators and the staff members in tutoring and linguistic activities with adults and elderly people;
- support adults and elderly people during the online training courses;
- organization and management of workshops;
- participation in the monthly coordinating meetings with public stakeholders.
From June to September the two volunteers will be actively involved in the Summer Camps for local children through outdoor activities, games, workshops, sport, trips out of town and afterschool programme as well.
The profile of an ideal volunteer is:
- an open-minded young person with a positive attitude to work in an education and training programme with different kinds of people: children, teenagers, adults and elderly people;
- ready and motivated to interact with local people and live a deep cultural experience;
- patient, kind, polite, tolerant, able to listen actively and willing to work in a team.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
To apply for this project, please click on “Apply now”, attach your CV with photo, a motivation letter and this questionnaire filled in in English, up to the 31st of October. CIF Vicopisano will contact only the shortlisted candidates to arrange a Skype interview.
Before to apply, it ‘s necessary to do the registration in the Portal of European Solidarity Corps.