Period : 9 Months (flexible start date)
Deadline : 30 June 2019
Profile : a volunteer aged between 18 and 30
About AFAIJ – Voluntariado Internacional’- Basida
BASIDA is a non-profit organization that provides assistance to people with disabilities, the elderly and people with AIDS. It has three centers in Spain: one in Aranjuez (Madrid), one in Manzanares (Ciudad Real) and one in Navahondilla (Avila).
The BASIDA organization is looking for a volunteer who will support staff for 9 months in support centers.
Volunteers will be engaged in the following activities:
- personal assistance of guests: hygiene (bath, clothing, etc.) and daily tasks (getting up, feeding, etc.);
- help physical rehabilitation of guests (walks, gymnastics, etc.);
- support for activities (laboratories, theater, etc.).
The ideal volunteer should have the following characteristics:
- basic knowledge of Spanish
- motivation and positive attitude toward activities;
- flexibility and tolerance.
Travel expenses are reimbursed on the basis of a kilometer package. The cost of food, accommodation, transport and language courses are covered by the program.
You can apply by sending us your Curriculum Vitae and a letter of motivation (all in English) before June 10, 2019 where you will explain your motivation to become an EVS volunteer for this project.