The volunteer will be involved:
- Social centre activities, starting with kids and then being involved also with adolescents, replaced by Summer Camps activities in June and July: the volunteers will help and staff and the local volunteers in creating social animation activities and games. Volunteers will be encouraged to organize their own workshops, events or sport activities together with the youngsters and local volunteers. EVS volunteers will also be involved in scholastic support activities;
- Sport project “Together at the stadium”;
- Luzzati garden management: they will have the opportunity to interact with a target of age different than that of children and assist the staff and volunteers Ce.Sto in cultural and intercultural promotion activities and events;
- Support to the organization of literacy courses;
- Support to the Association’s promotion activities on social networks and on the “Luzzati Square”.
The ideal volunteer is a young person willing to take part in a project for the development and integration of an entire community in the center of a large Italian city. The EVS volunteers must be willing to collaborate on the education and training project of Ce.Sto. Since this involves a delicate role in contact with young people that often come from complex family situations, the volunteers must be fitted with qualities such as tolerance, patience, firmness, creativity, and above all excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Volunteers involved in activities with refugees and asylum seekers, furthermore, should have a good knowledge of English and/or French.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission; accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive pocket money monthly.
To apply for this project, please click on “Apply now”, attach your CV with photo, a motivation letter in English. and this form filled out . Associazione PECO will contact only the shortlisted candidates for arrange a Skype interview.