Period : August 2019 to 15 August 2020
Duration : 12 months
Deadline : 01/08/2019
Profile : 18-30 years old.
The organization Világjáró Önkéntes is looking for a volunteer for a 12-month EVS in Hungary in youth. The volunteers will have to do the following tasks:
- Support daily activities, including team building and role play;
- Promote environmental education;
- Artistic activities in preparation for various festivities (birthdays, Easter, Mother’s Day, Halloween, Santa’s Day, Christmas, National Day, etc.): the volunteer
is invited to bring Aboriginal songs and games and present them to children.
- Outdoor activities, including short trips (eg to the zoo or forest or national park);
- Presentation of its culture and traditions.
- Support the promotional activities of the kindergarten.
Travel expenses are reimbursed on the basis of a kilometer package. The cost of food, accommodation, transport and language courses are covered by the program. Volunteers will benefit from a Hungarian language course.
About Világjáró Önkéntes Nonprofit Ltd.
Kindergarten is a preschool educational approach traditionally based on play, singing, practical activities such as drawing and social interaction as part of the transition from home to school. The first institutions of this kind were created at the end of the 18th century in Bavaria and Strasbourg to serve children whose parents worked at home.
In Hungary, Kindergarten is called óvoda (“place of care”). The children attend it between 3-6 years old. Participation is compulsory from the age of 3 years, although exceptions are made for reasons of development.
To apply for this offer, the following criteria are necessary:
- Be of French nationality or live in France for at least 6 months;
- 18 to 30 years old
- interested in the social life
- Being ready to live in an intercultural context in a rural or urban area
- Speak basic English
- flexible on schedules
- open minded
- Have empathy
- able to work in a team
- have a good ability to adapt
You can apply by sending us your Curriculum Vitae with a photo and a cover letter (all in English) as soon as possible where you explain your motivation to become an EVS volunteer for this project.