European Voluntary Service in Italy with Refugees – Breakdown The Wall
Location: Montesano Salentino, (LE) Italy
Project dates: 08/05/2017 – 05/11/2017
Duration: 7 months
Applicants: 1 young person aged between 18-27 only from Bulgaria
Application deadline: 22/04/2017
Hosting institution: SOUTH EUROPE YOUTH FORUM – Andrano, Italy
Project description – you can reach our Info Pack from HERE
Breakdown The Wall is an European Voluntary Service project held in Italy on the issues of migration, integration and EU citizenship. The project involves 2 volunteers aged 18-27 years from Bulgaria and Ireland but we lack of Bulgarian candidates.
SEYF is managing a Center for Refugees and Asylum seekers where we host 40 young refugees. Here, we provide for all the basic needs of the migrants.
The project idea is to promote good practices of integration through the use of intercultural dialogue and cultural expression. This will happen by collecting stories of local migrants, setting up activities for fostering integration between community and migrants and, in the meanwhile, stimulating a wider sense of EU citizenship among the local community.
Our objectives are to:
- foster better understanding of the procedures of reception of asylum seekers,
- build interactive moments for foreign citizens that are being hosted in the reception centres in the area of Montesano,
- support movement of opinion, through practices easily replicable.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission. Accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. SEYF will host the volunteers in a flat in Montesano. The accommodation will assure good living conditions (private rooms, equipped kitchen and bathroom, heating system, running cold/ hot water). They will receive a monthly lump sum amount for food. Local transport is covered by SEYF. The Cigna Health Insurance Company will cover the volunteer for free. Finally, the volunteer will also receive a pocket money monthly.
The requirements for this international volunteer position are:
- be between 18 – 27 years old;
- we are looking for someone active, openminded, creative, responsible, motivated, able to work in multicultural teams and tolerant;
- interested in learning to work with youth and migrants,
- ready to learn intercultural activities in a non-formal way,
- willing to improve skills on these issues,
- any basic experience and/or educations in non-formal education and animation skills and cultural competences will be a plus,
- show willingness to learn and see their European Voluntary Service experience as a learning process,
- basic level of English; any other language would be welcome.
To apply for this project, please fill THIS form. Then send an email to: [email protected] not later than 22nd April 2017 attaching your CV and a short motivation letter. We will contact you soon, in order to make a video-interview.