European Voluntary Service in Italy- working with disadvantaged people
Location: Vicenza, Italy
Project dates: 06/07/2017 – 05/07/2018
Duration: 12 months
Applicants: 1 Spanish person between the age of 18-30
Application deadline: 25/04/2017
Hosting institution: INSIEME SOCIETA’ COOPERATIVA SOCIALE A R.L.
Activities in this European Voluntary Service can include more or less the followings:
1. BAR/KITCHEN SERVICE. The Cooperative manages a social bar to improve the link with local community. So time to time offers themed-evening and cultural events promoting sustainable development. Volunteers will contribute during the opening hours as well as at the preparation of lunches.
2. RECONDITIONING OF GOODS. The Cooperative reclaims used goods. To be reinserted to the market, they need a “handcraft intervention”. So they give them new life. Volunteers will support this activity. Therefore, they will learn techniques of manufacture and developing a special sensitiveness to accompany disadvantaged people in their work.
3. SHOPS. This field includes service in second hand shops, promotional strategies (ex. arranging temporary exhibitions/events on specific topics/ second hand items).
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to a certain amount allocated by the European Commission while accommodation and food are provided by the host organization. The volunteer will also receive a pocket money monthly. In addition, local transport will be covered (bus tickets provided and bicycle given).
The requirements for this European voluntary service position are:
- High motivation in working with disadvantaged people (coming from different backgrounds, as for example detention, drug or alchool addiction, etc.),
- A previous voluntary experience in the field (at local level also) would be welcome,
- High motivation in living an intercultural experience,
- Flexibility, independency and adaptability.
To apply for this project, please send an email to [email protected] not later than 25th April 2017. Put in the object “application from the EU database” .